The festival in the media
More than 700 Czech and foreign accredited journalists are a stable guarantee that the festival will receive worldwide attention. The amount of space that foreign media give the festival is incomparably greater than that given to any other cultural event in the Czech Republic. All important Czech media outlets report year-round on the festival’s preparations and bring daily reports during the festival itself. The Karlovy Vary festival enjoys a large level of attention, thanks to which the festival’s partners can establish good relations with many domestic and foreign media outlets.
Accredited journalists represent many Czech and foreign newspapers, television and radio stations, magazines, internet media outlets, and press agencies:
- daily, up-to-date reports from the festival are presented on Czech Television, ČT24, TV Nova and other private television stations in the Czech Republic
- Czech radio stations include ČRo, Radio 1, Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty and more
- the most important foreign media outlets present at KVIFF include EuroChannel, ARD, ZDF, Canal+, Reuters TV, Slovenská televízia, St. Petersburg TV, Channel STO, Duna TV from Hungary, Slovenský Rozhlas, BBC World Service Radio, Radio France Internationale, Polskie Radio, Deutschlandradio, Radio Beograd, IDF Radio, Radio Cairo, Sveriges Radio AB, TV and Radio Riga and more
- press agencies reporting from KVIFF include ČTK, AFP, DPA News International ltd., Swiss News Agency, Hollywood Foreign Press Association, Reuters and more
- leading international newspapers and magazines include Variety, The Hollywood Reporter, Screen International, Wrap, The Playlist, IndieWIRE, Rogerebert.com, The Boston Globe, The New York Times, Variety, USA Today, The Washington Post, Los Angeles Times, San Francisco Chronicle, Süddeutsche Zeitung, Denník SME, Rzeczpospolita, Komsomolskaya Pravda, Vremya Novostey, Új Szó, Népszabadsák, Népszava, Večernje Novosti and more