Eurimages Lab Project Award 2020
The award will be given for the 5th time at the Karlovy Vary IFF to the most promising film project. Eurimages wishes to invest in new forms of cinematographic expression often crossing to other art forms.
You may find this year’s selection here.
Producers or directors have up to 10 minutes to present each project, which includes three short excerpts from the film. Following the panel, we assist interested visitors of the programme to set up individual meetings with the presenters to get more information about their projects.
Due to the situation related to Covid-19, projects selected for KVIFF Eastern Promises 2020 will be presented online during the planned Industry Days. Details will be announced in June.
The award for the most promising project is 50 000 EUR.
Several films will be presented from all eligible Eurimages countries:
Albania, Armenia, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey and the Ukraine.
Do you want to participate in Eurimages Lab Project Award 2020?
Producers and directors who are interested in Eurimages Lab Project Award 2020 have to submit their projects until Friday, April 24, 2020.
Your film must compel with the following criteria:
- the film has to be made outside the standard rules of filmmaking, both dramaturgically and/or production-wise
- the film must be in production or post-production and its premiere must be planned after the Karlovy Vary IFF
- the film must be over 60 minutes in length
- the project must involve international co-operation
- chosen participants will provide three film excerpts of max. 2 minutes each with English subtitles that will be included in the presentation
- the project must not yet have been presented in a similar event
- excerpts which will be presented in Karlovy Vary must be submitted in the required format via an online storage site by no later than June 10, 2020.
To entry your project, please fill the submission form and attach these materials:
- a link (YouTube or Vimeo) containing four scenes of
at least 2 minutes each that illustrate the essence of the film
Excerpts provided with English subtitles export in one file and insert as a single link (YouTube or Vimeo) straight into the Submission form. Each excerpt should be a continuous cut, we do not accept trailers.
Please submit youf film as soon as possible. The KVIFF selection committee will announce its decision at the end of May. If your film is selected, you will receive detailed information about the presentation and about your stay at the festival.